Monday, July 21, 2008

MotherF#cking Pemberton Music Fest, Baby!

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Sorry, I'm just a little bit excited. At this time Thursday midday I'm going to be basking in the sweet sweet sexy music of Pemberton MusicFest. Ticks were bought months ago (courtesy of my bestest wife/friend Leanne as a birfday gift)and excitment has sloooooooowly been growing, but it struck me yesterday like a ton of bricks.


It's almost time! It's really here. And now muchlike Christmas I can't sleep? So much to do, so much to pack, where do start?


Well first off I'll start by telling you some of the great bands I'm going to see between Friday to Monday.


  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

  • Jay-Z

  • Coldplay

  • Nine Inch Nails

  • N.E.R.D.

  • Metric

  • Serj Tankien (Lead singer of System of a Down)

  • Interpol

  • Sam Roberts

  • Tragically Hip

  • Death Cab for Cutie

  • The Flaming Lips

  • Wolfmother

  • Wintersleep

  • DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist

  • Chromeo

Yeah, are you jealous yet? You should be. That's only a snippet of over one hundred bands playing music over five days at the largest Canadian Music festival ever set to date. Forty thousand people tenting near the little town of Pemberton one hour north of beautiful Whistler, B.C. (home of the 2010 Olympics).


This is my first time camping for more than 12 hours or partaking of a festival of this size and to say I'm stoked in the understatement of the century. So much to do and so little time, and work just keeps piling up.and none of my questions come with premade answers...


Can I survive off beer and veggie burgers for five days straight?


Will either Pharell or Trent R. want to come back to my tent wth the promise of sweet lovemaking under solar panels and a gatorade popsicle?


Can I bring walkie talkies back in style?


Is beer or a ceasar a more appropriate drnk for a hangover?


Can a hair straightener be plugged into a car battery?


Will find a guest blogger by Wednesday night?


Will my pale skin finally get the tan it wants, or the pink it knows?


Wll there be any students there and how much do have to pay them to not tell the stories of their half naked drunkass instructor?


How will I survive without facebook/blogging for almost a week?


Is t inappropriate at 28 to wear a cowboy hat and throw out the devils sign during concerts?


If Gwenyth is there with Chris, think she'll share her tips on how her hair is so goddamed shiny all the time?


When Jay-Z realized just how awesome I am at rapping back '99 problems, do you think he'll invite me on stage for a mash-up?


I still have so much to do but all can do is bounce around rockng out to Freefalling n my underwear.....so pretty much the same as I'll be doing in four days!


What you can expect, when I'm "with the band"

19 comments:

lukkydivz said...

Chuck the questions and have a great time!

B said...

now that sounds effin' amazing!!

Slyde said...

that sounds like an awesome concert weekend... im jealous.

you should have gotten me tickets..

Jamie Lovely said...

That's going to be amazing!

I'm going to Lollapalooza next weekend and I am SO excited.

Yay music festivals! Hopefully I won't die from the heat.

The Divine Miss M said...

LUCKY YOU!!!

*insanely jealous*

Mike said...

Is it wrong I feel a strong urge to punch Sam Roberts in the face for having the suckiest music ever?

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that's an amazing lineup. I love the part about the hair straightener because I've always wanted to go to a fun music festival but everyone says I'd never survive with my high maintenance ways.

Unknown said...

lukkydivz-oh I will!

deutlich-hopefully.

slyde-next year i'll get you the tix.

jamie-same. we'll have to compare stories when we get back.

miss m- if i get autographs for you will that help?

mike-meh, sure.

nritchie2345-it's gonna be hard, but going to try to look fab while camping in the dirt.

Bruce Johnson said...

How can this be happening in Canda without Bryan Adams or Celine Dion.....or at least Ann Murray.

Maxie said...

sounds freakin awesome! have fun :-)

P said...

I could not DO festivals - I'm just not equipped to deal with camping, queuing for a loo and being grubby. Give me a comfy bed, tv and full electricity any day. I admire you.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Holy cow, that's a mish-mash of different bands! Sounds like it will be AWESOME!!!!! Hope you have a ton of fun and that camping out for such a long time won't be too hard on ya!

Anonymous said...

All rightie, I might hate you for a minute now. Sigh.

Cowboy hat is always a go. With the right adaptor, you can work the straightener. Beer is always the answer. And stop asking me all that crap and just rock out a little bit for me!

It's Me! said...

Answers to you questions:

Can I survive off beer and veggie burgers for five days straight?
ABSOLUTELY! (I made it on CocaCola, Aero bars, and cheesepizza for three weeks once)

Will either Pharell or Trent R. want to come back to my tent wth the promise of sweet lovemaking under solar panels and a gatorade popsicle?
It's the popsicles that will seal the deal.


Can I bring walkie talkies back in style?
If anyone can, it's you! Can you get some pink-camo coloured ones?

Is beer or a ceasar a more appropriate drnk for a hangover?
Hair o' the dog, hair o' the dog.

Can a hair straightener be plugged into a car battery?
I think you can probably hook it up to jumper cables directly to your car battery.

Will find a guest blogger by Wednesday night?
I think people will jump at the chance!

Will my pale skin finally get the tan it wants, or the pink it knows?
Sadly, most likely the red red red that we "fair skinned" (aka transparent) people know so well

Wll there be any students there and how much do have to pay them to not tell the stories of their half naked drunkass instructor?
Go equipped with a wad of $0s to dish out to each of them. Or some halucinogens to slip in their drinks...they won't remember a thing!


How will I survive without facebook/blogging for almost a week?
Make notes

Is t inappropriate at 28 to wear a cowboy hat and throw out the devils sign during concerts?
WHEN is it ever NOT appropriate?!?!

If Gwenyth is there with Chris, think she'll share her tips on how her hair is so goddamed shiny all the time?
Forget hair tips, go for a full on kidnapping!

When Jay-Z realized just how awesome I am at rapping back '99 problems, do you think he'll invite me on stage for a mash-up?
Obviously!

Have an amazing time! And don't forget to buy a bulk pack of panties from Fields to throw at the stage at random!

maverick said...

woooha.....awesome...cold play is just amazing...ve fun :)

Unknown said...

Lotus-we tried but Celine was far too popular and we were scared of riots with the crowd she brings.

Maxie- will do, I'll report back with stories.

Paula- give me props if I last the five days :P

Angela- yeah I'm loving the eclectic set list.

Redstaplernation-yes, maam! ;)

Jessica-fields panties are by far the classiest/most flammable.

Mav-never seen them before and sooooo excited to.

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun; I await the stories!

Miss Caught Up said...

Will it be the Canadian version of Woodstock? How lucky are you! I wouldn't mind seeing some of those bands either...

Hanna said...

Oh I am soooooooo jealous of you! Wow, I would so much want to see these bands! Hihi a lot of problems though. Did you manage to solve them all? Hope you have a great time over there! ;)