Tuesday, March 6, 2007

we're here for a good time

not a long time...or so went the song that the lovely Kate and I sang at Saturday night kareoke. I never knew how much fun bastardizing classic songs could be! We're going to have to make another date of it.

First off to summarize what is new lately. Friday night rock trivia-lovely. Did bad but had fun. Saturday-kareoke. Had Jessica and Lisa as moral support and it was fun. Gonna have to drag others back. God bless the central. It's like Cheers where everyone knows your name but doesn't care.

Work is nuts. Plain and simple. Can't get into details but imagine me looking like a deer in the headlights running with scissors. Offices aren't only good to show off, but they're great for when you need to hide and hyperventalate. Who knew!

Friday night went to the Blazers game with Jenn and spent the night at her place. Sleepovers are funner when you don't have to get up at 4 in the morn but still not as bad as expected. Been hanging out with some older friends lately and been bonding with some people. I love reconnecting and also finding common ground.

Hating my lacking motivation for some things and how I don't have a microwave right now. I always thought myself to be a good cook. Turns out that I'm fairly limited without my radioactive oven of love. Pasta/noodles are getting old.

Been feeling...somthing lately. But I can't quite put my finger on it. I wouldn't say unhappy. But not happy. Bored, possibly? Stagnant, perhaps? I need something but I'm not sure what it is and it's frustrating me. It's like I'm currently on a plateau just waiting but not sure what for.

I'm sure after the weekend I'll be in a better place. Having some people over for drinks on Friday which should be fun. Expect a post about it. Also does anyone know how I get my cat to stop scratching at my door and meowing at night? She does it at around 4am every night. And please don't say let her into the bedroom cause that isn't an option.

5 comments:

katiegoestoasia said...

I don't know about you, but I didn't bastardize anything. I'm pretty sure I was SUPPOSED to giggle and blush through the entire thing. I look forward to seeing you Friday.

Anonymous said...

I have a simple solution to both your too-many-noodles and cat-scratching problems.

Buy a microwave. First off, it obviously solves your food/cooking quandry, but where the real benefit comes is in your cat problem. (And no, I'm not suggesting your microwave the cat..not this time, anyhow).

If you buy a new microwave, simply put the cat there at night and shut the door. It will be like a high-tech hotel for Tinkerball/Trogdor. (with radiation at no extra charge!)

Sure, some may should "Animal cruelty!" but those people are morons. And also probably gay.

Whatever the case, the cat won't scratch at 4 a.m. anymore.

It'll be just like that Simpson's episode where Homer buys Lisa a pony.

"During the day he'll roam freely throughout the neighbourhood, and at night he'll nestle snuggly between the cars in the garage."

If you've got a better idea, I'd like to hear it.

Jen said...

Unless I fly again, there will be no more 4am wake ups at my house. Those hours are unheard of. I was so tired all day and barely lasted that night at the party. The next time I fly will be later in the morning. Although My Chemical Romance is love and made my day seeing how I only knew one line from the song and repeated it all morning while I was on the plane :)

I'm home today thank god. Supposed to go to the dirty Max to for a birthday. HA. I will have a report of my trip on your desk tomorrow sometime at the latest.

Microwaves are cheap at walmart so go get one. I expect radioactive food at your house Friday night if I make it out.

As for the cat, sticking it in the microwave sounds like a great idea, except the one time you do it, wake up and turn it on forgetting the cat is in there. My cat never did that ... but then again my cat was allowed wherever in the house :P

Colleen said...

Get better soon!

Jess said...

haaaahaaa i always compare central to 'cheers' too. that is pure awesome.