Wait, I hadn't noticed.
But I did get a couple boxes of chocolates on a great sale.
But seriously. I'm someone who should hate Valentine's Day. Over the years on the day of LOVE I have:
- Been stood up by a guy who was charming and show grandoise plans to make me a yummy (and vegetarian) supper. It didn't happen. If I waited I'd be dead from starvation.
- Been dumped. About 3 days before Valentine's Day. Where I did not see it coming and yes, I had in fact bought him something. He spent the day with his new girlfriend. I did not.
- Had a boyfriend choose to get high with his friends other than spend time with me.
- Gone on a blind date with a guy who I had zero in common with. Zero. There were more awkward silence than the last time I went to church hungover, still in bar clothes
- Started a fling with a coworker who shall now, and forever be known as fuckface who eventually ended up leaving me for slutface (another coworker with an equally inventive name). They're still together. It still sucks.
- And finally last year I also broke up with my boyfriend a couple days before the fated day, but with more mutual reasoning. He was transferred to a different town through his career and we respected that the distance would not work and cut the ties.
Happy Vantine's Day!